Thursday, March 29, 2007

Beer School



Well I was listening again to my podcasts (instead of working?) and I thought I'd do the homework for "Beer School: What's in Nico's Fridge?". I bought myself 4 cans of Kilkenny, (9.$$ at Superstore Liquor store). Carried them home (not very gently) I opened the can and tried very hard to ignore the fact that it sounded like a mouse had just died in it (Thanks Motor). After I cleaned up the mess it made on my counter, I poured myself the glass you see to the left.

I had accidently left the beer on the counter for an hour therefore it was at room temperature. I thought, "What the hell. Isn't that the way it's supposed to be served?". So I sat down with dinner and drank it up.

I thought it tasted awesome, totally nice aftertaste, very creamy, all around excellent. This morning when I went looking to see where the stuff was brewed (Ireland) I noticed that on the can it says: "Serve Ice Cold". I'm going to try one tonight and see what it tastes like, but I don't believe that it will be as good as it was at room temp.

Anyway...



..back to the homework. I donned my safety glasses (not really) my protective gloves (wouldn't even know where to find them) and grabbed my certified scissors (from the stationary isle at Wal-Mart) and cut into the can to get my widget. After washing the head off of the can and widget I took the picture to the right.

It was a very simple round white plastic ball. There is a small hole in either end and it's glued together in the middle like a cheap plastic toy might be. Not nearly as cool as I thought it would be.. oh well. I tried to take some close up pictures of it but it just was too white and they came out really bad. Maybe I'll play in photoshop and see if I can't get them looking a little better.

Thanks Beer School, for giving me a whole evening of entertainment.


PS. John left a comment on the site which I thought was awesome, thanks John for taking the time to respond I await your next show with baited (not really) breath.

The can left no marks

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Shaun. You get an A+ for doing an outstanding job.